The City of Orlando’s storm drains empty directly into more than 100 lakes. When it rains, pollution left on our City streets is carried to storm drains and directly to our lakes. The discharge of polluting matter in natural waters is prohibited and can result in fines up to $1,000 per incident, per day. View the City Ordinance here.
- Soaps (even biodegradable)
- Antifreeze & automotive products
- Pet waste
- Silt or soil
- Degreasers & solvents
- Lawn Clippings
- Leaves & branches
- Pesticides & herbicides
- Petroleum products (oil, grease, gasoline)
You can prevent pollution and report pollution.
Common Signs of a Violation:
- Dirty or glistening water flowing down the street
- Grass clippings or leaves in the street and the appearance of a recently maintained yard
- An individual blowing, raking or mowing leaves and grass clippings into the street
- An individual rinsing out a dirty container or emptying a dirty container into the street or a parking lot
To report Stormwater Pollution, call the Stormwater Hotline at 407.246.2370 or send an email to email@example.com.
Information to report to Stormwater Hotline (407.246.2370) or email:
- Address of violation
- Brief description of the vehicle and/or person(s) involved