Mayor Dyer values the contributions neighborhood volunteers make to improve the quality of life in our City. In recognition of the many unsung heroes who work hard to keep their neighborhoods a great place to live, Mayor Dyer has created the Neighborhood Champion Award. The award is presented at his annual Neighborhood and Community Summit held in the spring of each year.
- Individuals who serve, in a volunteer capacity, to improve the quality of life in their neighborhood.
- Contribution must have taken place within the 2014 calendar year.
- Nominee must be 18 or older and live in the City of Orlando.
- Nomination forms and more details about the award are available at cityoforlando.net, under Communications and Neighborhood Relations.
- Nominations are now closed.
- Provide supporting documentation, if needed, such as newsletters, photos, or letters of support.
- The City of Orlando will contact the nominator and the nominee after the selection process.
2015 Neighborhood Champion Award Recipient
Faye Henderson – Lake Orlando Homeowners Association
Faye Henderson is an active member of the Lake Orlando Homeowner’s Association in the Rosemont Neighborhood. She was selected for her diverse contributions to her neighborhood. Faye is the current editor and producer of the Lake Orlando Homeowner’s Association newsletter, she wrote and managed a City of Orlando National Night Out grant, led the effort to build a new and improved website for her HOA, and served on her HOA’s membership committee to successfully increase membership.
In addition to being an active board member, Faye went beyond the call of duty, serving as secretary and building meaningful relationships throughout the Rosemont neighborhood. Her diligent pursuit of grants has significantly improved the infrastructure of her community and positioned her HOA to build sustainable partnerships with private businesses to further progress her neighborhood’s goals. The impact of Faye’s efforts in her local community continues to provide both immediate and long term benefits. Congratulations Faye!
This post is also available in: Spanish