Mayor Dyer values the contributions neighborhood volunteers make to improve the quality of life in our City. In recognition of the many unsung heroes who work hard to keep their neighborhoods a great place to live, Mayor Dyer has created the Neighborhood Champion Award. The award is presented at his annual Neighborhood and Community Summit held in the spring of each year.
- Any resident, neighborhood organization and Neighborhood Watch group located within the City of Orlando.
- Individuals or organizations may nominate more than one volunteer or self nominate.
- Nominee must be 18 or older.
- Nomination forms and more details about the award are available at cityoforlando.net under Communications and Neighborhood Relations.
- Nominations are accepted throughout the year.
- Nomination should not exceed two typed or legibly written 8 1/2 x 11 inch pages, excluding attachments.
- Provide supporting documentation, if needed, such as newsletters, photos, or letters of support.
- The City of Orlando will contact the nominator and the nominee after the selection process.
2014 Neighborhood Champion Award Recipient
Churchill Thompson - Rose Isle Neighborhood Association
Churchill Thompson is a vital part to the Rose Isle neighborhood. Churchill serves on the Rose Isle Neighborhood Association Board of Directors and plays pivotal roles in establishing meetings for the board at various locations. Today she works diligently to keep the entire community at the forefront of happenings in the neighborhood ranging from safety to general information. Churchill Thompson leads projects and committees to implement changes for the growth of the community and works around the clock to make them a reality. From organizing meetings to community improvement projects Churchill is always working towards the betterment of Rose Isle. She has led projects such as sidewalk safety improvement, annual luminary celebrations and beautification days in Rose Isle. Churchill as more than just a neighbor, she is an individual who directly impacts the neighborhood.