Keeping Orlando moving continues to be a priority for the City of Orlando to ensure multiple options for everyone who lives, works and plays in Orlando for getting around. Part of this involves expanding the City’s transportation offerings to connect more residents to opportunity and meet daily transportation needs.
To further this effort, the City of Orlando has joined with the Florida Department of Transportation, the City of Winter Park and Zipcar, the world’s leading car sharing network, to launch Zipcar in Central Florida.
This new car sharing program has several benefits including providing an affordable short-term transportation option, decreasing parking demand and increasing sustainability.
Zipcar has cars at six public parking spaces in the Downtown Orlando area:
- Ivanhoe Village District, on North Orange Avenue, south of East New Hampshire Street
- Orange County Courthouse, on South Orange Avenue, north of East Amelia Street
- Lake Eola, on Broadway Avenue at Robinson Street
- Lake Eola, on North Eola Drive, south of Washington Street
- Thornton Park, on South Eola Drive, south of Central Boulevard
- City Hall/CNL Garage, off Boone Avenue
View a map of all Zipcar locations
For more information and all locations, visit zipcar.com.
Vehicles for Hire
The City of Orlando works to regulate and govern all taxis, limousines, shuttles, and any other vehicle for hire.
For Vehicles for Hire permits, including pedicabs, please visit cityoforlando.net/police