The Wetlands Park is supported by a volunteer group called the Friends of the Wetlands. As a Friend of the Wetlands you will have access to the Park for behind the scene events, special trips, meetings, and training opportunities.
- Provide a meaningful, pleasant and safe park experience for guests
- Be an attendant, greeter, ambassador, naturalist and interpreter at the Park and outreach events
- Promote the park and its historical, scientific and natural qualities
- Promote and protect one of Florida’s finest constructed and natural resources
- Assist the City of Orlando staff with operations, programs and public service
- Friday & Saturday services: open the Education Center, raise support for education programs through sales of items, give public tram tours, greet and answer questions at entrance
- Periodically care for the entrance area, education center, Wildlife Garden and landscaped areas throughout the Park
- Photograph and document seasonal flora and fauna
- Plan, design and develop a specialty display/program/publication for public use
- Give special tours and programs for pre-registered groups of all ages and interests
Who Should Apply
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to volunteer; "snowbirds", retirees, working folks, students and others are welcome so long as they can give their time
- Must have a special interest and enthusiasm for the park; no expert knowledge required. We will train!
How to Apply
- To learn more about volunteering and start the process, contact the park by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Park's Public Awareness Specialist at 407.568.1706
- To become an official member of the Friends of the Wetlands, you need to apply with a City of Orlando Volunteer Application found here.
Contact the Park at:
Orlando Wetlands Park
25155 Wheeler Road
Christmas, Florida 32709