The Wetlands Park is supported by a volunteer group called the Friends of the Wetlands. As a Friend of the Wetlands you will have access to the Park for behind the scene events, special trips, meetings, and training opportunities.
- Provide a meaningful, pleasant and safe park experience for guests.
- Be an attendant, greeter, ambassador, naturalist and interpreter.
- Promote the park and its historical, scientific and natural qualities
- Enjoy talking to and interpreting all facets of interest for the park visitor.
- Drive, hike or walk to spot interests and interpret the guided experience.
- Promote and protect one of Florida’s finest constructed and natural resources.
- Assist the City of Orlando staff with operations, programs and public service.
- Saturday services: Education Building open, sell items, opportunity for public tram tours, greet and answer questions at entrance.
- Periodic care of the entrance area, education center and butterfly, garden.
- Photograph and document seasonal flora and fauna.
- Plan, design and develop a specialty display/program/publication for public use.
- Give special tours and programs for pre-registered groups.
Who Should Apply
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to volunteer.
- Must have a special interest and enthusiasm for the park.
How to Apply
- To become a member of the Friends of the Wetlands, you need to apply with an Application and contact the Park.
- Apply: Fill out an application.
- Contact: Call 407.568.1706.
Contact the Park at:
Orlando Wetlands Park
25155 Wheeler Road
Christmas, Florida 32709