The Downtown South Neighborhood Improvement District (the “DSNID”) is a special purpose local government. Its single purpose is to support the redevelopment and improvement of the Downtown South neighborhood, an area of approximately 720 acres located south of Downtown Orlando (the “District”).
The SODO Neighborhood Improvement District Master Plan
The Downtown South NID Advisory Council is currently preparing a Master Plan to identify services and capital improvements that could potentially be funded through a levy and/or special assessment on property within the district, if approved by referendum.
- Safe Neighborhood Improvement Plan
- Final DRAFT Master and Complete Streets Plan (PDF)
- DRAFT Updated Design Standards (Updated PDF)
The City of Orlando’s City Council is the designated Board of Directors for the Downtown South Neighborhood Improvement District. They select individuals to serve on the Downtown South NID Advisory Council. Click here for the Mayor and City Council and their Meeting Schedule.
The Downtown South NID Advisory Council typically meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 9 a.m. in the Veterans Conference Room on the 2nd Floor of City Hall. Meeting dates, times and locations are subject to change or cancellation and additional meetings may be added if necessary. Click the link below for the 2018 meeting schedule.
- NID Meeting Schedule (2019 – PDF)
- Next Advisory Board Meeting: June 12 HAS BEEN CANCELED
Agendas & Minutes
Additional Meeting Information
- Presentation from the November 1, 2017 SODO Crime Prevention Meeting (PDF)
- Presentation from the November 8, 2017 SODO Design and Development Meeting (PDF)
- Presentation from the December 13, 2017 SODO Orange Avenue and Master Plan Workshop (PDF)
- Presentation from the January 30, 2018 SODO Division Street Workshop (PDF)
- Presentation from April 11, 2018 SODO NID – Orange Avenue Update (PDF)
- Presentation from May 15, 2018 SODO Division Street Update (PDF)
- Presentation from May 15, 2018 SODO Development Standards Update (PDF)
- Presentation from the June 4, 2018 SODO Developer Forum – SODO Overview (PDF)
- Presentation from the June 4, 2018 SODO Developer Forum – Incentives Overview (PDF)
- Presentation from the September 13, 2018 SODO Main Street Board Meeting (PDF)
- Presentation from October 10, 2018 SODO NID Meeting – Division Street Final Concepts (PDF)
- Presentation from October 10, 2018 SODO NID Meeting – Development Standards and Guidelines (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here for responses to frequently asked questions regarding the Downtown South Safe Neighborhood Improvement Plan.
- View the history of the Improvement District
- State Statute for Neighborhood Improvement Districts
Advisory Council Members
The Orlando City Council appointed a five member Downtown South NID Advisory Council on October 3, 2011. Current Advisory Council members are as follows:
|Harlan Hanson - Chair||May 15, 2017 to October 31, 2019|
|James P. Krawczyz||December 10, 2018 - October 31, 2019|
|Charlotte Manley||May 15, 2017 to October 31, 2020|
|Aaron Bottenhorn||May 15, 2017 to October 31, 2020|
The Downtown South NID Advisory Council is responsible for “Minor Decisions,” such as:
- preparing an operating budget, neighborhood improvement plan, capital improvements plan, financing plan, and annual report of district activities for review and approval by the Board of Directors;
- applying for and receiving grants;
- monitoring and providing comments regarding planning, zoning and development proposals affecting Downtown South;
- providing recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding “Major Decisions”; and
- contracts under $250,000, subject to the annual budget.
Downtown South NID Advisory Council Bylaws
Land Use Analysis Maps
(NOTE: These links are maintained by the SODO District Main Street Organization and will take you outside of the City of Orlando’s website.)
If you have further questions, please contact:
Martin Hudson – Project Manager – South Downtown Improvement District